Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Pair of Green Shorts & 4 Blue Pinafores

TLG is back! I've known this guy for a good 11 years now! Damn long lor. Sheesh! I feel old.

Met this guy in JC when I was still donning that blue pinafore and he, green SHORTS! I sure hope his alma mater has changed the uniform.

Well, this pair of green shorts and 4 blue pinafores cliqued, got along pretty well, and did hell of a lot of crazy and 'siao' stuff in JC. Necessary in that kind of environment where the bulk of the cohort comprised mugger toads. The crazy stuff kept us sane.

Then, the pair of green shorts decided to take up a vet science course halfway across the world, coming back only once in a blue moon.

One blue pinafore decided to go halfway across the world to work. But she was in the same continent as the pair of green shorts.

Another blue pinafore decided to take up a job that kept her across the world half the time. But occasionally, she ends up in the same continent as the above 2.

The third blue pinafore, albeit being in the same small sunny island as moi, works crazy hours and hardly has time to meet.

Despite the miles between us and the fact that everyone is pretty busy, we still manage to still keep in touch and abreast of each other's lives. Emails, telephone calls, msn, friendster and whatever-else-have-we. It helps that at any one point, at least 2 of us are in the same continent.

So, we're having a pot luck party at my place tonight with a couple of our other jc mates, and I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm gonna take out Taboo and Cranium and make everybody play!

Right now, I've gotta run to the supermarket to get some stuff for the rest of my dinner contribution.

The popiah is done. Only thing is, while frying the ingredients, the cloth I was using to hold the hot wok caught fire! Quite embarrassing. But the popiah is yummy. :)

In the midst of shelling the prawns for the popiah, I was once again reminded of why I steer clear of prawns.....

3 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Geez, thanks.

I think I ate a whole bunchful.

How's about YOU NEBBER REMOVED THE SAI LOR!!!!!!!!!

Grrrr.

Purples said...

Haha! I didn't remove all the sai because it was too tedious la. Besides, people say the sai is edible what. And that I'm funny to not eat prawns cos of the sai.

You never lau sai right?

Unknown said...

It's great having you as a fren after more than a decade! Still can count on u to say u are fat... hahaha... nice to have familiar things in this ever changing world... Stay urself always , my sweet fren... Take care.
Lennon

PS U are fat...

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...