Ever heard a song over the radio and when you expect the DJ to mention the song title and artiste after it's played, he/she doesn't?
Well, that happened to me quite a bit on this song. Sometimes, from the lyrics, it's easy to guess the title of the song. But I just couldn't do it for this one.
The last time it happened was last night. And straightaway, I called BFC and Shades of Pink to see if they knew the title. None of them picked up my call. BFC called back later and since parts of the song were still fresh in my head, I sang them to her.
"Orh. Ya, I know that song, but dunno the title. I check and let you know." she said.
So she checked with her hubby and got me the title. So before it slips my mind again, I'd better note it down.
Best I Ever Had- Vertical Horizon
So you sailed away
Into a grey sky morning
Now I'm here to stay
Love can be so boring
Nothing's quite the same now
I just say your name now
[CHORUS:]
But it's not so bad
You're only the best I ever had
You don't want me back
You're just the best I ever had
So you stole my world
Now I'm just a phony
Remembering the girl
Leaves me down and lonely
Send it in a letter
Make yourself feel better
[CHORUS]
And it may take some time to
Patch me up inside
But I can't take it so I
Run away and hide
And I may find in time that
You were always right
You're always right
So you sailed away
Into a grey sky morning
Now I'm here to stay
Love can be so boring
What was it you wanted
Could it be I'm haunted
[CHORUS, REPEAT]
Happy already. :)
But, I gotta go in for a meeting now. Cos Mondays always begin with a meeting :(
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
4 comments:
Haiyazzzz. Sorry I didn't pick up your call lahhhh. I was asleep but in any event, do I look like a walking song dictionary to you?
Eh, next time go Wala's lah, my friend's band does quite a good rendition of that song...In fact, he sang the song for one of my friend's hatchdae, and she's been swooning ever since! =)
next time just type whatever lyrics u can remember and put it in google. sure can find out the song.
The Player
Alternatively, if song is playing on Class95....
Type 'C95' and send sms to 72346
(Purples: It doesn't help when u try to call their hotline at 66911950 to ask for the song) :P
Tsk. Then they have the hotline for what. Get through then nobody picks up. If not, it's perpetually engaged.
Post a Comment