Friday, November 17, 2006

Purple Phlower Picture

As some of you might already know, I am getting some minor renovation work done in my room. This includes:

1) Removing the cowboy swing doors that lead to my walk-in wardrobe cos the noise it makes is annoying. And sometimes, my fingers get caught in between the doors.

2) Building a raised carpeted platform to create a cosy sitting area (the current place is under utilized) right next to my bed. This kind of increases my bed size, enabling me to roll from my current king-sized bed onto the platform. Heh.

3) Fixing another wardrobe.

Met The Green Whale today and headed to Ikea to buy some stuff to furnish my room. Actually, my main purpose was to just get purple/pink curtains to replace the cowboy swing doors. Extremely important because right now, after I come out of the shower and into the wardrobe, I have no door or curtain to hide me while changing.

The Green Whale suggested magenta linen drapes to give it a more royal look. I thought the sheer satiny lilac ones were nicer.

"Sheer is nice, but it defeats the purpose cos still can see through." he said.

I decided to go with my choice. But guess what? They ran out of the lilac ones. Only had the pink ones left. Not too bad too, but I'd much rather the lilac ones. So I'll be back at Ikea again in three weeks.

So I didn't get the drapes that I was there for. But I got this.


See how nicely the shades of purple in the picture blend into the shades of purple on my new wall?

The Green Whale, who didn't really plan on getting anything, got these:

1) yellow light bulbs for his new lamp at home

2) a red pillow for back support in the office

3) a white stool for him to use as a footrest in the office

4) a blue clock for the office!

Purples: Why do you need a clock in the office?

The Green Whale: Quite cool what, don't you think?

Purples: There's no clock in your office ah?

The Green Whale: The closest one is the one on my comp. But actually, you're right. No need la.

So The Green Whale put the clock back.

The Green Whale: Aiyah, it's only $3!

And the blue clock went back into the trolley.

2 comments:

Nick! said...

come out of shower and nothing to hide u from? haha...how kinky

Purples said...

Not kinky la! So long as I remember to lock my room door and draw the blinds, they will hide me.

If you see my room now without the coyboy swing doors, you'd understand what I mean.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...