When life is a bed of roses, with all things going smoothly, we forget Him.
When trouble beckons, and life is full of obstacles and uncertainties, we turn to Him.
Sounds familiar? I know I'm guilty of it. All too often, God, to us, becomes a convenience. We turn to him only when we are at our wits end, desperately seeking help and answers.
Then when the answers are not what we like them to be, we question why. Why does He puts this burden on us? Why does He put us up to all these trials and tribulations? Why me?
Something my ex principal said during cathechism class many years back in school stays with me to this very day.
"Sometimes when you think God doesn't answer your prayers, perhaps the answer is a 'No'. Just because a 'Yes' would have been YOUR perfect answer, doesn't necesarily mean that's the best path for you."
This weekend's sermon reinforced the message that we should have more faith and trust in what God has planned for us.
"Why do we let ourselves be burdened? Learn to let go and leave it to God. That's His business."
I think many a time, we have too little faith and trust in God and His plans for us. As humans, we tend to want to control the things that happen in our lives, thinking that we know best, what's best for us. Letting go is never easy for the homo sapien species.
I should know. I was given a good half-hour lecture sometime last week for not letting go, wanting instant gratification and for trying to take control of things.
Perhaps I needed it. To wake up.
To that friend, who found the time amidst all that work, thanks a ton. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
2 comments:
The reason why there is traffic jam is because every driver wants his way...
Sometimes, if we all give in a little, life will go on smoother.
Your analogies are damn champion, you know. :)
But yes, like they always say, in life, there are always compromises to be made.
Post a Comment