Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Preview of Purple's Permed Locks

Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I wanted a perm. Those nice, big, curly, tai-tai-looking locks at the ends.

Problem was, both salons that I went to weren't too keen on doing it, quoting inadequate hair length as the reason. "Wait a while longer. Do now wait look too old cos too short" they said. I think the real reason lay in the fact that both knew about my last experience with permed hair. It was so disastrous (at least to me), I got it straightened the very next day.

So, because I didn't want to wait, I resorted to using these.

Bought them yesterday after dinner with RT at Marine Parade. I thought Watsons would sell them, but I guess these curlers may have become a little too ancient and primitive already. It was a good thing RT suggested checking out one of those shops outside of Parkway Parade. RT had a name for these shops...can't remember now what he called them, but they really sell everything. And I mean everything and anything.

On the way back, we bumped right into Ms Anyhow, who just had to ask me what I bought. So I showed her the curlers. And she burst into laughter. Then, when she decided to stop laughing, she asked, "Why you buy so many? You got so much hair meh?"

Then today, Ms Anyhow messaged to ask if I was doing anything in the afternoon. Told her I was watching Korean drama, and that she should come over and join me. And at the same time help to put the curlers in my hair, cos my mum can't seem to get them to stay on my head!. She replied me, saying, "Got handsome man not? I know already, must be you watch then all the girls' hair liddat, that's why you bought those pink auntie curlers!"

Tsk.

Well, we had quite a lot of fun this afternoon with the curlers. Then again, I always have fun with Ms Anyhow. The reason I've named her such is cos this champion of a girl taught me to do an "anyhow shower" after a windsurfing session, as I was too tired and lazy to take a proper shower. Imagine all the sand and salt from the sea! I have since evolved to become someone who's able to live with just hosing myself with the hose after a windsurfing session!

The result of the primitive perming method wasn't too bad you know.

Check it out...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh...you just reminded me...remember I got that heated curlers Vidal Sassoon set which, for the life of me, I didn't know how to use?

Next time ask lah....it's really quite good. =D

Purples said...

Onz! Let's fix a date for next Sat, before we head to BFC's housewarming.

You do for me ah. How long does it take? I want the big tai tai curl effect hor.

Anonymous said...

Can dear, but I need hairspray, not the Auntie brand kind.

You have? If not then can use the brand that BFC recommended. It's quite good.

=)

Btw, I charge....it's $60. And I'll throw in a head massage. =P

Nick! said...

$1 shop issit?

Anyway, damn auntie la! haha

RT said...

It is called 'Chap Huey Tiam'...meaning 'Provision Shop' in Teochew.
Confirm can find all kinds of rubbish there. U name it...they have it...just like those cool pink primitive curlers on Purples' hair.

Purples said...

Shades of Pink: How come need hair spray? The hair will be very stiff one you know. But if really need, I'll go get la. What's the one BFC recommended?

nick: Very auntie meh? Ok, i try Shades of Pink's heated ones. We see if that one's better.

rt: Cool hor, the curlers? ;p

Anonymous said...

haha...No wonder you didnt head out yesterday cos you were so busy doing your tai tai hair...tsk tsk...

Anonymous said...

Nice right? I told you I got play before when I was young.
In return, I had my nails done in BRIGHT PINK. It's damn strange looking against my tanned skin but I'll leave it on cz Ms Purple did it for moi, and I anyhow one.

Then after that she made me wear the curlers IN her car can! I had to use the pink plastic bag the chap huey tiam always give out to cover my face from possible glances of the unsuspecting passerby. Imagine: crossing the traffic junction, looking at the first row of cars as you cross and you jump at the sight of a girl with auntie curlers ALL over the head. With BRIGHT PINK nails some more. How can????

- Ms Anyhow

Anonymous said...

its so pretty... you should go to another hair salon and get your hair permed. Show them the photo!

Anonymous said...

hey you dont perm your hair lah...you will look like late 30s auntie.

Pet

Purples said...

Pet: Really ah? Even with the big curls just at the ends? But the picture not pretty meh, the hair?

Anonymous said...

the curls are prettie...but on your face is like auntie...lol

pet

miss ene said...

I think you look nicer with straight hair leh. And just so you know, maintaining nice curls take a lot of time. Really. I gave up after 6 months and went back to straight hair. If you really want curls for a special occassion, go to the salon, plonk down some money and get them to do it. Much faster, more temporary and possibly nicer :)

Anonymous said...

hey..get a copy of Nov's CLEO, I saw a kinda curl that is suitable for u.

pet

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...