Friday, November 10, 2006

What Does Love Mean?

Received an email when I came back from lunch today titled "What Does Love Mean?"

I've probably received this email before as it was vaguely familiar. But it must have been eons ago. Upon opening up the email, some of the quotes got my heart melting.

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
Danny - age 7

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."
Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."
Chris - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss."
Emily - age 8

" Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
Mary Ann - age 4

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
Cindy - age 8

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
Lauren - age 4

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri - age 4

And here's my favourite....

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." Bobby - age 7

So, what does love mean to you?

4 comments:

miss ene said...

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
Lauren - age 4

LOL! This cracked me up.

Love is stuffing your face with 'or luah' together with him/her, wearing your grubbiest clothes and nerdy spectacles :)

Anonymous said...

love is blind kakaz

Nick! said...

love is when its just two of you, doing nothing in particular, without rushing around. Just able to laze around and do nothing.

Anonymous said...

Love is complex.

At 10, love ? what lah?

At 15, love was yuks.

At 17, love was something warm and fussy. (That is probably what ppl call puppy love.)

At 18, love was suppose to wait for you to return after whatever.......(but lives move on in 2 different directions.)

At 19, love could conquer ALL, right ?? --- isn't that what the movies taught us ?? ---- so a Hero at 19 will persevere against all odds. ( A waste of 5 years of effort and 300 roses)

At 24, the love in movies were just movies.

At 25, honey attracts bees and love.

At 26, a judge ask some mothers at a Baby Show: "How do u love yr baby?" The replies were: "I give him/her watermelon juice"
"I give him/her chicken rice."
"I give him/her apple juice" .................

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...