Sunday, October 29, 2006

Perfect Party Games

Taboo. Cranium.

It's been a while since I played them, but I took them out again last night and had SO much fun.

Birdkeeper invited us over for dinner. This guy can really cook! I ate so much of the pasta and chicken that he whipped up!

And he makes the most amazing flan! I'm sure it was loaded with calories, but what the heck, it was SO yummy. I asked him for the recipe and all I got was this:

"8 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 6 cans cream, sugar. Then all mix together lor."

Tsk. What kind of recipe is that? So I asked, "Tell properly can? The eggs must beat or what. I need the steps la!"

"Of course the eggs must beat la!" came the answer.

Tsk.



Anyway, that's my dessert contribution. Cheesecake (check out the highly fatty ingredients). For some reason, RT had the rest thinking it was a pandan cheesecake. I think it was the colour. But the supermarket had run out of lemon jelly crystals, so I had to make do with lime ones. So that explains the colour. But lemon yellow or lime green, the taste is just as good what!

So after we were stuffed with all that food, we proceeded to play Taboo and Cranium. It was hilarious. Check out some of the funny bits.

#1 (during Cranium)

Team A Player 1: "I'm a boxer. I got jailed for rape and I bit off a fellow boxer's ear. Who am I?"

You would think that this was clue enough right?

Team A Player 2: "Vincent Van Gogh?"

#2 (during Taboo)

Team A Player 1: "You get this when you make erm you know you know. It's something like the wolf....."

The answer was "hickey". What wolf ah?

#3 (during Taboo)

Team B Player 1: "Ok, not earth but?"

Team B Players 2, 3, 4: "Heaven?"

Team B Player 2: "Ya. The scientific name for heaven?"

Team B Players 2, 3, 4: " Paradise? Sky? Clouds?"

Team B Player 1: "Ya! Sky, sky.... sky what la?"

Team B Players 2, 3, 4 looks at each other, confused. What sky what?

The answer was.......skydive. ???

Shades of Pink and I spent most of the night in stitches.

Good food, great company, intellectually fun games. What more could one ask for? :)

4 comments:

miss ene said...

LOL! Your friends not v good at Taboo hor? It's my favourite game, man. And I'm quite good at it ;) I have a set at home which I made my friend buy from Oz many years back when it wasn't available here and I've brought it to many gatherings. Some people just cannot. play. taboo. Ha.

Anonymous said...

know what is "chicken end"?

Nick! said...

that was me...

Purples said...

nick: Ji Wei? Then means what? I say again, can be less vague or not?

ene: These 2 games have accompanied me at many gatherings too. Damn fun lor. I guess part of the fun is watching people play. :) You should try Cranium. It's a combination of Taboo, Charades & Pictionary all in one!

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...