Why do my shoes always do this to me? Hmmm.
Today, it wasn't one heel, but both heels that were making embarrassing nail clicking noises. I decided to wear them to work anyway and get them fixed somewhere within the vicinity of my office.
I checked with YJ and he mentioned that there was a cobbler opposite both our offices that opens at about 9ish or 10ish. So while my coffee and lime juice buddies went to get their morning doses of caffeine and citric acid, I tried my luck at the cobbler across my office.
On the way there, YJ messaged me, saying, "the shoe elf is setting up...". I personally thought that was quite funny. Shoe elf?? It's been so long since I read "The Elves and the Shoemaker", I can't even remember the story! That's how old I am......
So, there I was at the shoe elf getting the heels of my shoes fixed.
Seconds later, my phone rings and a laughing YJ goes, "Why are you dangling your feet in the air like that?" What did he expect me to do la? I didn't have an extra pair of shoes with me. And if I didn't make some effort to lift them in the air, they'd be on the ground la! Dirty you know?
At this point, the nice shoe elf offered me a pair of 'ah pek' slippers to slip into while he fixed my shoes.
My phone rings again, and a still-laughing YJ goes, "Now what did you just slip you feet into?"
Tsk. Weren't you supposed to be working???
I'm thankful for these shoe elves who are available within the CBD area, surprisingly. Thankful that I can get my shoes mended at a fraction of what it would cost at some places where it's probably more worth it to buy a brand new pair than to get an existing pair fixed!
For the Shoo Elf, aka Shades of Pink, I'm thankful for all the times she's listened to me repeatedly about the same issue. And not shoo me away. She will manage though, at that moment in time to shoo the issue away. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. I do believe things WILL get better. But when huh? ;p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
1 comment:
How touching!
*Takes out tissue paper to wipe tears.*
Purlease lah, what are friends for??????
Post a Comment