Friday, October 20, 2006

Did You Guys Really Think I'd Say That?

I'm sure you've experienced one of those instances when people mistake things you say for something else and vice versa. Well, I had one of those days this week. It was hilarious.

One of the many things planning for a trip with friends entails is sorting out the rooming arrangements. So while Digital Curls, Ms Troublesome and I were planning for our trip in December, we were discussing how the rooming was to be since Digital Curls' hubby and RT might also be joining us. Here's the bit of the conversation that went awry.

Me: The 2 guys can share a room and the 3 of us (Digital Curls, Ms Troublesome and I) can triple share a room.

Then I thought about it and decided that it wasn't nice to separate a pair of newlyweds.

Me: Or Digital Curls and hubby take one room, Ms Troublesome, RT and I can triple share. Alternatively, we could book a suite la, if the…

Before I could even finish my sentence, I had 3 pairs of bulging eyes staring at me. Accompanied by 3 faces with horrendously shocked expressions.

Ms Troublesome: Huh? You want to switch with who? Can switch with Digital Curls meh??

Me: Switch what?

Cooking Girl: You said Digital Curls and hubby take one room, Ms Troublesome, RT and you triple share. Then can do a switch!

Me: No la! I said 'Book a suite' la!

Cooking Girl, Digital Curls, Ms Troublesome: You said ‘switch’!

Me: ???

Really meh? Is my diction really so bad?

1 comment:

miss ene said...

Hahaha. I know what you mean. I had been misheard before a couple of times too and I swear I pronounced the word correctly!

To quote an example, I read on a student's blog that they heard me say "Hiya, I should stop being HORNY" when I actually said "Hiya, I should stop being CORNY".

Like, WHY WOULD I EVER SAY THAT TO A LECTURE HALL FULL OF 17 AND 18 YEAR OLDS?! For that matter, why would I ever say that out loud? Ever?

Doh.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...