Saturday, October 28, 2006

Medieval Music

On the way back from Mid Summer Nite Breeze the other night, YJ introduced Shades of Pink and I to medieval music. For someone who also got me liking Meat Loaf's "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)", I was expecting something noisy and headachy.

Surprising, the songs were really nice and soothing. This husband and wife team's called Blackmore's Night. Haven't really heard of them but they're apparently pretty popular in Europe. It's rare to find music that's got nice tunes AND meaningful lyrics.

Here're two of my favourites...

I Still Remember

I thought of you the other day
How worlds of change led us astray
Colours seem to fade to grey
In the wake of yesterday

*You looked into my eyes
You had me hypnotized
And I can still remember you*

I had a dream of you and I
A thousand stars lit up the sky
I touched your hand and you were gone
But memories of you live on*

Those moments spent together
Promising forever
And I can still remember you

Do you ever think of me
And get lost in the memory
When you do, I hope you smile
And hold that memory a while. *



Waiting Just For You

They say that it's always darkest right before the dawn
They say that I must be strong just to carry on.

But they don't know that I would wait my whole lifetime thru
Because you know my love that I'd be waiting just for you.

There you stood amazing, shining for the whole world to see,
And I knew an angel had been sent to watch over me.

So I'll be here waiting, hoping, dreaming, loving you,
Because I know my love that you do love me too.

My favourite lines are those in purple fonts. Nice hor?

When I listen to these songs, I can actually visualise kings and queens, princes and princesses on horses, galloping through the woods and back to the castles!
The above two songs are from the album "Fires of Midnite". All the songs are good - can use for wedding type. No need to crack your brains compiling songs. Just use this album wholesale.
To complete the whole medieval ambience, make sure your first march-in (or gallop-in) is on a horse. :)

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...