
Beautifully shaped eyebrows at an extremely low cost. That's what we endured the pain for. During lunch today, Digital Curls, Cooking Girl and I headed to Rumpini's at Somerset to thread our eyebrows. It costs half the price of what it would cost at places where they pluck, and according to Digital Curls, some of these plucking places don't even trim! How can?? Imagine having nicely shaped eyebrows with long comb-able eyebrow hair? Cannot right?
The result of threading, I feel, is better than that of plucking. Much cleaner, neater and faster too. But it's painful, and I never fail to flinch.
It always amazes me at how skilful these people are. How can a simple act of pulling a thread between one's mouth and hands shape the brows so perfectly?
Cooking Girl did her brows and the area above her lips. Digital Curls and I did just the brows. I don't think I could ever do the upper lip area again. The last time I did, it was a near death experience. This kind of painful vain, I cannot la. The blistering shoe kind of painful vain, I still can take.
Digital Curls mentioned that the next time, she wants to have hers done such that she will look perpetually awake, happy and surprised. The super-arched, inverted V type.
I'd like to see that. :)
7 comments:
how come no photos of the results?
Cos it's a bit difficult to take a shot of JUST the eyebrow.
How about you take a trip to Rumpini's and get your brows threaded? Then you will be able to see the results.
Wait. Do you need eyebrow plucking or threading to begin with?
plucking ? treading? what's the difference? clueless male here!
where in somerset? full address? how much is it?
pet
It's at Orchard Midpoint on the 2nd floor. Once you go up, it's right in front of the escalator. Next time we go we jio you la.
Hey Pet, I forgot to tell you the cost. $5 for the eyebrows. Both.
alrite..i'll go and try it out b4 i start work!
pet
Post a Comment