Monday, June 25, 2007

Beating The Monday Blues

Since it's a Monday and nobody really likes the idea of working on a Monday, Digital Curls, Ms Troublesome, Cooking Girl and I decided to do some shopping over lunch. It was during this shopping spree that I realised I have friends who are not very helpful in my attempts to save.

While on another shopping spree last week, I had specifically told them that if we were to go on another spree this week, they were not to let me purchase anything. For the simple reason that I am no longer officially on the company's payroll. As such, my pay this month will come in late. So until I am shown the money, I am not to spend it.

It was all in vain.

After lunch, I ended up with another 3 pieces of clothing. Last week, it was 4 pieces of clothing, $20 worth of hair clips and a pair of shoes. And not forgetting the facial protectors I had invested in. I daren't think of the hole I've burnt in a span of 2 weeks.

After all the shopping today, Cooking Girl found one side of her shoe in this state...

I suggested that she do the Mentos stint they show in TV commercials. She decided instead, to drop by the Shoe Elf across the office to get it fixed. But alas, the repair was beyond the Shoe Elf. So we headed to U.R.S., didn't find anything suitable, and proceeded to Charles and Keith.

"If cannot find anything at Charles & Keith, there's always VNC. If not, there's Suntec." quipped Digital Curls.

We managed to shortlist a few pairs for Cooking Girl at Charles & Keith.

"The patent ones are nice!"

"This one makes your feet look really slim."

"You have such nice, fair legs. You should get this pair."

All these comments came from just one person, whom I feel must be the greatest culprit in thwarting my saving plans. Digital Curls. Most of my shopping was done with her.

Today, as Digital Curls and I were heading to the station to catch the train home, we decided to pop into Robinsons to check out the shoes.

Look what I came home with.

Ok babes, we've decided what's for lunch tomorrow. So remember to wear something that allows for easy trying of clothes ya? ;p

2 comments:

Char Siew Pow said...

Come on Purples, you didnt really need alot of help. I was just your sub-conscious talking...

And shopping is therapeutic. We need plenty of therapy while working at the shithole yeah?

Kekekekeke..

Purples said...

Yes. Therapy plus and extra leg.

Kekekekek...

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...