Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's Been A While

By the time I woke up this morning, it was in-between breakfast and lunch. So I decided to have 2 rounds of brunch. Hotcakes from the golden arches followed by dough fritters (youtiao) with kopi-o. Nice. Especially the latter as I haven't had it in a while.


I realised there are quite a few things I haven't done or had for quite a while. Youtiao and kopi-o is one. Cycling is another. Ever since I started running at the beginning of the year, I've put cycling on hold. So I haven't met my usual cycling mates for quite a while too. This afternoon, I made it a point to go cycling with Mr Celica. I met him halfway toward Fort Road, and then we headed towards Changi. It reminded me why, perhaps, I switched to running. Kids with no sense of direction and danger are annoying. Can somebody explain to me the thrill these kids find in weaving in and out, left and right? Very style issit? Illiterate pedestrians who can't seem to keep on track are equally annoying.

On our way back, we decided to stop for some ice-cream. He had the durian flavoured one sandwiched between 2 wafer slices, and I had the icicle ones, which I realised, I haven't had in quite a while too! Lion Stick. Very refreshing.


I came back and had my first shower (yea, I know a first shower at 6 in the evening is quite gross) of the day. I haven't done that in a while too. The one shower a day thing. RT came back from his golf session, and we went for a dinner. By the time I got home and got myself tucked into bed, my thighs and knees were aching like crazy from the 6 month hiatus from cycling. That hasn't happened in a while too. Thank goodness Mum had a tube of Salonpas cream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are getting old. I actually keep Salonpas heating pads in my car. LOL

NC

Purples said...

Yes, we are getting old.

But the Salonpas is amazing :p

Anonymous said...

Cyling used to be EVERY saturday morning at unearthly times (8.30am). Ice cream stops were a must-do!

The Changi Village trips will take us through lunch and plenty of complaints about the extremely hot weather along Coastal Road. I don't know if those days can be re-lived, but those were healthy days!

Ms Anyhow

Purples said...

Ms Anyhow: Those sure were healthy days. Dunno if I can still make it to Changi Village now you know. But I sure can still do the ice creams!

830 am is not unearthly la.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...