This morning, my favourite cousin decided to get me stumped over an English grammatical question.
1) A Unique Experience
2) An Unique Experience
Which is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
6 comments:
According to an authority (read: my mother) the correct answer is A unique experience. Even though "unique" starts with a "U". What she says is that if the "U" is an "ooo" sound, it should be "A". Like a unicorn, a uterus, etc. However, if the "U" is an "aah" sound, then the answer is "AN". Like an umbrella, an uncle, etc.
NC
Thanks for the enlightenment. Shades of Pink (SOP)is quite peeved because of this question I posed her. Now her post on this is flooded with comments.
LOL.
But at least we learn something from it what. Right, SOP?
Lessons? Yah, the greatest one I learnt yesterday is the one which says 'One should say thank you after asking for a favour'.
OI! Shades! I showed my gratitude ok. I said 'thank you'!
Your eyes not big enuff?? Cannot see?
OI! Shades! I showed my gratitude ok. I said 'thank you'!
Your eyes not big enuff?? Cannot see?
Well, big enough to see your repeat comment, but definitely not big enough to see the supposed 'thank you' yesterday.
*Glares.*
Post a Comment