Sunday, January 07, 2007

Starting and Ending Decades

Because I knew I was going to be pigging out today, I embarked on my 2nd run of the year. Think I did was worse than the 1st as I didn't complete running the route.

Pig Out 1
To celebrate my cousin, Kayestercan's entry into her next decade, the family went for a buffet lunch at Copthorne King's "Princess Terrace Cafe". From the mains to the desserts, the food was fantastic. Penang laksa, prawn noodles, roti jala, popiah, teh tarik, nasi lemak, otah, apom (banana and some flour thing dessert with some yummy creamy stuff ), nonya kuehs.....

Thanks Kayestercan, for the lunch treat! May you have a great decade ahead, with many more to come!

Pig Out 2
Then, to celebrate Vandice's last year of the current decade, Suspension Girl, Shades of Pink, BFC, RT and The Idol met at The Turquoise Room for dinner. The place is really cosy and quaint. Like a little beach house by the sea.

We ordered some wine, starters (calamari, bread with dips and portabello mushroom with crabmeat) two 12" pizza and a serving of pasta each. I think we were a little overambitious. No more space for the yummy desserts!!!! So the only person who had a dessert cum birthday cake was Vandice.

Happy Birthday Vandice! May the coming better the going! ;p

Amidst good food, wine and company, we engaged in random conversations, one of them involving Shades of Pink's subconscious habit. Big mistake. The rest of the dinner just saw her trying to catch herself at it. But it's subconscious dear, so, really, you'll NEVER catch it. We love you all the same, you know? ;p

I'm gonna catch some shut eye now. The whole day's pigging out has gotten me really tired. I'd better exercise soon. With big, curled locks and too much food, the potential of resembling Miss Piggy is quite high.

3 comments:

Paperman said...

hehe... Thks for dinner girls! But why suspension ger? Pray tell!

Anonymous said...

FATSO!!!

Purples said...

Vandice: You have to ask Suspension Girl herself. I have been sworn to secrecy. :)

Who called me a FATSO???

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...