Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy Hatch Day, Ms Troublesome!

Happy “Last Year of the Decade”, Ms Troublesome! Enjoy it for the next 365 days, ya? The first digit will NEVER come back again. Heh. I shouldn’t be so evil cos it’s gonna be my turn soon.

To celebrate, Oyster, Cooking Girl, Digital Curls and I popped over to Aerin’s at Raffles City for lunch. Food was not too bad. Ambience was pretty nice… just by the fountain.

The birthday girl had Chicken Caciatore - Chunky boneless chicken slow cooked with vegetables in a rich herb flavoured tomato sauce,

Digital Curls had Tagliatelle Bolognaise - tagliatelle with minced beef ragout in tomato sauce,


Cooking Girl had Penne Carretiara - penne with bacon, tuna and mushroom in tomato sauce,

Oyster had Aerin's Tagliatelle - tagliatelle with mushroom ragout in light cream sauce, smoked salmon and roe,

I had Bangers & Mash - grilled fresh English pork sausages and mashed potatoes with onions braised with beef jus (I know it looks a bit unappetizing, but really, it's good).

For starters, we shared Aerin's salad (mixed garden salad with sliced apples & pine nuts in Japanese wafu dressing) and deep fried calamari.

No meal's complete without dessert. So among us, we had a Baked Apple & Rhubarb Pie (which resembles French Onion Soup), a Mississippi Mud Cake...



and a Double Chocolate Fudge Cake which doubled up as the birthday cake.

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...