Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How Much Smaller Can The World Get?

Met some uni friends for lunch today, and over some sushi, we found out how small the world really is.

Let me first say that this is the first time I was meeting up with Khimmy and Junny after leaving the university. So really, I hardly knew anything substantial about these two.

So there we were, talking about random things. Then...

Junny: Where do you live again ah?

Purples: At so and so.

Junny: Really? He (referring to an ex) lives there also!

Purples: Is it? Which number? Name leh? Maybe I know him!

Junny: Oh no. Anyways, its number xxxx

Purples: Oh, I don't know who. But the house issit got pool one, then there are like 4 similar houses in a row that kind?

Junny: Ya ya. That's the one lor.

Purples: Oh ok. I dunno him but I think my cousin does
.

So the kaypo me calls my cousin. And the cousin knows.... not him, but his cousin who lives in one of the 4 similar houses!

Small world number 1.

While listening to our conversation, small world number 2 hits Khimmy.

Khimmy: Oh, you stay around there ah? My hubby's good friend stays there too and I go there quite often.

Purples: Is it? What's the address?

Khimmy: Dunno what the exact address is but the house is like a jungle, and got no windows one. You go in by xxx road, then you turn right and it's there by the corner.

Purples: Oh! I know. The house macam on stilts one right? Then wooden wooden very Balinese kind of pattern right? And there's a pool one right?

Khimmy: Ya ya! That's the one.

So tell me, how come everybody living in the same place??

3 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Well, Singapore's just too small.

=)

Paperman said...

aiyah... birds of a feather...

simple!

Anonymous said...

rich knows the rich.

ask me if i know anyone in ur area.

CR

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...