Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First Run of 2007

Since I have been eating and not exercising for the whole festive season from Christmas to the New Year, I decided to go running at East Coast with RT today. For those who know me well, you know I absolutely HATE running. But it's one of the few sports that makes me perspire.

So for the first time in my entire life, I decked myself with proper running gear and attire, prepping myself for a run and a short workout at one of the fitness centres.


Reebok cap: compliments of RT, from Queensway, Singapore

Nike running shoes: from Queensway, Singapore

Dri-fit Nike top: from the Russian Market, Cambodia

Shorts: (dunno for running or not): from Marine Parade, Singapore

Now don't I look like I've been running for the longest time? ;p

Here's how I did.

Distance: 2.5km in 17 min and 16 sec

Sit-ups: 3 sit ups. (couldn't get up and my tailbone hurt)

Pull ups: 1, with assistance (I know now why this one is limited to the guys)

Quite pathetic huh? But I think it was pretty ok, if you take into consideration that it has been yonkers since I did a proper run. It has to be during my college days, when everyone HAD to do the 2.4 km run, sit ups, shuttle run etc etc.

The best part of the run had to be this. Iced Milo from Macs.

Refreshing!

Better still, come dinner with HY, I didn't feel guilty pigging out! "Tze Char" and a warm chocolate cake with whipped cream from Starbucks after!

I think one of my new year resolutions will be to try and keep fit by running at least once a week.

7 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Halamak!!!!

Didn't know you look like that!

Plus, shouldn't it be purple colour rather than pink?!?!

Ha.

Purples said...

The pink matching my outfit ma. When I wear purple, then I will paint purple face. Must very matching.

Nick! said...

my gf runs every morning at 530am!

RT said...

Ermmm...halo...I bought the cap from Ah-neh shopping centre and not Queensway la!

Purples said...

RT: Haha. OK. Forgot la. All things sporty somehow seem to come from Queensway la.

nick: So you join her every morning? No wonder she so slim! I really should start running consistently

Paperman said...

wah seh...

one word: HOT!

Purples said...

Aiyoh....blushing already la. :p

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...