Because the ambitious Purples decided to try her hand at badminton and squash last evening, thinking that she should be pretty fit after her recent running attempts. I think she forgot that these are 2 sports that she has NEVER attempted to play before. The closest would be tennis.
In any case, Cooking Girl, Ms Troublesome, Jol, Ed, RT and I headed to the company's clubhouse for an evening of squash and badminton.
Badminton
I swear, I CANNOT see the shuttlecock. I think it's too light or something. I can sometimes miss the shuttlecock despite it landing right in front of me. But because it's light, it gives me more time to react due to its slower speed. More air resistance from the feathers, maybe? Hmm.
Squash
None of us, other than RT who was a school player, had ever played squash before. I think we all had the impression that we'd end up with a black eye. So we took turns sparring with RT, who patiently repeated the rules of the game to us, and hit the ball such that it would head back in our direction, making it easier for us to hit. I used to think this was quite a 'cuckoo' game - confined in a small court, hitting the ball against the wall, and then trying to 'siam' the ball when it comes towards you. The court so small how to run??? Perfect setting for claustrophobia.
But after today, I think playing squash can really burn fats.
That's all our stuff. I really like Ms Troublesome's pink strawberry bag, and I think Perrier should be drunk at meals, not after sports. It just makes me burp like crazy.
After we were done, RT and I had to rush off for Kayestercan's second birthday celebration with the whole family.
3 comments:
Shiiiiiiiok right?
Damn shiok. But damn sng.
I need to improve on my 'siam' skills as I was hit twice by Jol! *Ouch* :P
Post a Comment