One thing I do not like about the festival though, is the need to send boxes of mooncakes to clients. It is just too tiring. Too unglam. The paper bag is humongous and clumsy. Perhaps the hotels and restaurants that sell mooncakes should consider repackaging the product.RT recently gave me some mooncakes that came in a really classy and not-so-bulky packaging. See? Nice right?
If you've read my post on my knowledge on Chinese history/legends, you'd know that my knowledge is close to zilch. When it comes to Mid-Autumn Festival though, I'm quite sure it's associated with Chang-er and the rabbit. What the story is though, I'm not quite clear. Some say that upon the appearance of the full moon, Chang-er turns into the rabbit, or vice versa. Others claim that the rabbit is Chang-er's pet.
Whatever it is, the mooncakes that come with the season are good la. 1000 calories per mooncake though. Scary huh?
4 comments:
FYI...Smaller packaging but calories still as high hor! But it's once a year only...heck it la!
Ok...not that my chinese history is fantastic...but i remembered my sec chinese tutor telling us that Chang-er stays alone on the moon. The rabbit is her pet to accompany her.
Btw...is Mooncake Festival the Chinese Valentine's Day as well? The reunion of Niu-lang and Zhi-nui...once a year. Correct or not?
Oh, so the rabbit IS her pet.
Not so sure about the Chinese Valentine's Day though. Niu-lang and Zhi-nu is the milky way one right? Don't think it has anything to do with mooncake festival la.
I say again, my Chinese history knowledge is quite pathetic.
I don't eat mooncakes. Lalala! :)
Ene, how come you don't eat mooncakes?? Perhaps you should try the yam ones with the flaky crust. They are like orh ni. You confirm like.
Post a Comment