Met Vandice for dinner and coffee today. Haven't seen the guy in ages! And like always, when the last time you met someone was eons ago, there are a gazillion things to catch up on.
Dinner was 'kolo mee' somewhere along Killiney. Not too bad. First time I had 'kolo mee' with char siew, wanton and abalone all in. Coffee was at Coffee Bean at Taka. We had initially wanted to head to Coffee Club for a similar, specific reason, but unfortunately, it was packed. So too bad, no people watching tonight. With all the talking we were doing, there was no time for that anyway.
Amidst all the updates, Vandice was also giving me some lessons in chinese history. Lessons involving Yue Fei, Qu Yuan, Niu Lang, Chang Er etc etc. Anyway, the lesson ended when we reached our last common stop (City Hall) on the way home, with Vandice saying, "Eh, you cannot say that Pan Jing Lian and Mdm White Snake are the same person la. You will make people laugh."
Rephrase. He was correcting my Chinese history knowledge, not teaching, lest I go through life thinking that Yue Fei was the 'ba zhang' (dumpling) man, and that Xi Men Qing and Pan Jing Lian were the 'you-tiao' people.
Consolation...I got the Wu Song and the tiger story right ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
4 comments:
Damn steady lor...
I ish salut you convent gers... What do they teach you in school anyway?
Yah, don't pray pray writh us convent girls! =D
Hey Vandice, do you recall that we (Shades of Pink & I) both scored distinctions for our 'A' level Chinese? The Convent must have done something good.
Yah... & tt's why I can never take this lying down!!! Marn... you gers can't speakie chinese to save your lives! And imagine Pan Jin Lian and White Snake is the same person???
Look who gets the As in the end?
Something is wrong with our education system...
Post a Comment