Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A League of MY Own

And so I bowled my first 3 games of the league I had just joined at the club.

153, 148, 162. Which leaves me with a handicap of about 30, I think. Quite shy hor? 30 leh...

My team mates were averaging 190 - 200+, having handicaps of 1 - 18, bowling 7 strikes in a row, sparing almost every frame. And there I was struggling to meet the halfway passing mark of 150, and trying to minimise my open frames. Hmmm. Told you it was a league of MY own.

And then someone commented, "You're bowling much better now. Compared to the last time."

"Whoa! That must be eons ago," I replied.

"Ya. When you were chubby," the person said.

I must have been really bad then. And fat. Sheesh.

As I'm typing this, my neighbour's dog is howling. Scary, at this time of the year. I think I'd better go sleep before midnight strikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bowled better than I expected actually. Was expecting scores of the 120 to 140 range. HAHAHAHAHA. NCWT

Purples said...

walau...you really need a high handicapper issit?

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...