Monday, September 24, 2007

Too Much Food, Too Little Sleep






TLG was back for a friend's wedding, so I organised a pot luck for the JC peeps who could make it. The food was good, but it was waaaaay too much food for 7 people. The contributors were:

Potato salad: Shades of Pink
Salt baked chicken, Curry puffs: Vandice
Kueh pie tee: Suspension Girl
Mee siam, kueh salat: TLG's mum
Chicken pie: my mum
Vegetable salad with balsamic vinegar: moi

Honestly, the food could have fed 14 of us. So when BFC called on her way to ask what else we needed, we told her to just come and help eat.

The food kept us energised for several rounds of Taboo. Seriously, I never grow tired of this game. People's brains work really weirdly while at it. Like this....

TLG: The chicken lays this thing, and then you fry this thing, what do you get?

Suspension Girl: French fries!

The answer was "Omelette".

and this... ...

TLG: Ok, when Catholics pray, they ask God to take them away from...what?

Suspension Girl: God!

and the champion of them all has to be this... ...

Me: When I am in my Honda and I want people to get out of the way, I press this

BFC: Horn!

Me: okok, the sound that it makes.

BFC: Horn (in the 1st hanyu pinyin accent)

Me: The sound, the sound!

BFC: Horn (in the 3rd hanyu pinyin accent)

The answer was "honk". My dear BFC, changing the tone of the words hanyu pinyin style doesn't change the word, you know. But that was quite cute, really. :)

We played till almost 1am despite having to work today. And for me, it wasn't just last night. Friday night's karaoke and dinner with the cousins lasted till 1am. Saturday night's mahjong ended only at 2am!!! I was totally spaced out at work today.

It's only 10 now but I'm off to bed.

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...