Suspension Girl, Shades of Pink and I had planned to catch "881" last week, but work got the better of us and we couldn't find the time to.
Shades of Pink and I eventually caught it this evening as Suspension Girl was busy. Good thing Shades of Pink managed to get there earlier to get the tickets. I think we got the last 2 tickets.
Before heading off to meet her, I had asked Birdkeeper if he wanted to watch it with us. "Oh, I've seen it already. It's really good. Will cry one you know. I bought the soundtrack also and now Alien Head sings the Hokkien songs every day." he said.
So good until buy the soundtrack. Hmm.
Can sing some more. Hmm.
Show ending its run, still full house. Hmm.
Must be quite good right?
We were so wrong lor.
We spent the entire time in our neck-ache causing seats either wondering why people were laughing at certain points of the show which we didn't find the least bit funny, or figuring out which parts of the show were for real, and which weren't. Were the laser shooting bustier getai suits that caused Mindy Ong's nose bleed supposed to be imaginary or real? And the gold-robe-donning, spell-chanting aunty-deity??? Or the showdown with more laser shooting suits and feather flicking spells between the Durians and the Papayas???
At one point, Shades of Pink turned to me and went, "That was just so bad lor."
I also say. Luckily got Qi Yu Wu. Pure eye candy walking around showing off his physique without uttering a single word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
7 comments:
Roston Tan only know how to play marbles!A total disaster in the movie industry in Singapore!!!Can someone please bring him back to the kampong then he'll know what is a durian & a papaya...LOL
its quite a crap show. dun think is funny and sad. The sad part is due to the hokkien songs, but not the story.
I totally agree with the both of you. I seriously cannot understand how it has been getting really good reviews, you know.
And you thought it was my hokkien....
i over-rated my hokkein. thought i should be able to understand the show. As Jack Neo's movie also have hokkein and i can understand. Anyway, conclusion is not our problem, it is the movie itself. ;)
You half,.......
I half..............
LOL.
Shades of Pink: Hahaha. I realise you keep sniggering at that particular song.
Cooking Girl: You sure the "xian gu" is not dead in the show?
Yah, because it sounds as if they were distributing coins.
You one...
I one....
Post a Comment