Friday, December 29, 2006

What Brand Ice-Cream?

Today was the last working day of the year. I stayed in the office till 730pm and was the last in my department to leave. It wasn't that I had a lot of work to clear. Nor was it due to the fact that I'm the most hardworking in the department. I was simply waiting to meet Shades of Pink and BFC for dinner. And we were scheduled to meet at 8pm. At 730pm, and after 20 futile minutes of trying to log into the internet at the offfice, I decided to pop across the road, over to YJ's office, to see if I had better luck with the internet there. I did.

8pm: Message comes in from BFC to say that she'd be late. Shades of Pink messages to say that she would be late and to go ahead first and let her know where we were.

830pm: BFC messages to say she's arrived. Waited for YJ (who was joining us for dinner) to go meet her, but he was taking forever to finish up. So I decided to leave first.

840pm: Met BFC and decided that we should head off and start eating first as we were famished. Chose a venue and informed the rest via sms.

900pm: YJ and a colleague arrived and placed their orders.

920pm: Shades of Pink finally arrives, and we have already finished our dinner.

So I waited quite a bit today. But the wait to meet up with these 2 gilrfriends of mine is always worth it, cos we always have a whale of a time together.

Today, I think all that waiting must have really just been for the moment when BFC, Shades and I decided to order a mudpie for dessert.

BFC: Can you ask them what kind of ice-cream they serve?

Purples: Why? Got difference meh?

BFC: Ya la. If Marigold or something, I dowan. Might as well go home and eat my Haagen Daaz.

Purples: This kind of thing you ask la. I dunno how to ask.

So BFC did just that.

BFC: What kind of ice-cream do you serve?

Waitress: I'm sorry? What kind of ice-cream?

BFC: I mean, like what brand of ice-cream do you serve?

Waitress: Walls

BFC: EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeyur. It's ok.

The "eeeeeyur" was said right into the face of the waitress, by the way. But it was damn hilarious.

1 comment:

Shades of Pink said...

Yea man. BFC the champion!

\m/

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...