The temple agenda today comprised Preah Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Phrom and Bantaey Srei.
Preah Khan stands for the Sacred Sword. As with the ruins we had visited on the first day, the walls of Preah Khan have carvings with some depicting dancing apsaras. An apsara is a female divinity or a heavenly dancer. Somehow the ruins of Preah Khan remind me of Rome.
Neak Pean (the coiled serpents) didn't really fascinate me. So there was only ONE shot with Digital Curls and RT. It was so boring I didn't even wanna take a picture.
Bantaey Srei, also known as the 'citadel of the women' is renowned for its intricate decoration carved in pinkish sandstone. Most of the carvings depict stories about Shiva.
Ta Phrom must be my favourite after Angkor Wat. Huge trees with gigantic roots that spread over, under and between the stones and walls of the temple building. We had fun taking funny shots here too! Digital Curls actually made us pose like what Angelina Jolie did in Tomb Raider!

With Ta Phrom, we completed our visits of the temple ruins.
And thanks to Suspension Girl, who lent me her guide book on Angkor, we saved US$20 on a temple guide.
Check out what RT, Digital Curls and I bought at the entrance of Ta Phrom...
2 comments:
Ya...n both of you shld stop laughing at the bracelets I had chosen! (Although I must admit that the elephants one looks abit un-wearable la)
Well...at least I have the best deal :P
Ya la! Ya la! Dunno how come a man can bargain so well also...
The elephant bracelet is cute. Wearable by kids la.
Post a Comment