Monday, October 30, 2006

The Purple Pen

I was looking for a gift at Bugis today. I managed to find it, but check out what I ended up getting for myself as well. I selected the gift and went to the counter to pay for it. There, right under my nose, was a sign staring straight at me, saying that with every $10 spent, I could get this (I forgot what they called it. There is a name for it) pretty glittery purple pen with a purple pom pom and a purple star that lights up in different colours for a mere 50 cents!

It’s really pretty, isn’t it? Looks like it was taken right off the set of Clueless or Legally Blonde. I wonder what my clients will think if I whipped it out to use during meetings though.

The wonders of marketing. Gimmicks.

The simple things that make people happy on a Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fwahlaueh, how about it's very easy to sell things to you type!!!!

Tsk tsk.

Purples said...

Heh. You might have realised by now that it's not really that difficult to sell me purple stuff.

Look at that pen! Purple coloured. Purple pom pom. Purple Star. They just forgot the purple ink.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...