So it was lotsa prawn for lunch (have you ever noticed how almost every dish has prawn in it?), then after the prawny lunch, Mum wanted to go to OG to look for a pair of jeans. So we went. She ended up buying a pair of shoes and so did Grandma.
I didn't buy anything, but from the shoe purchases, I could redeem 4 pieces of cultured pearls. So to the redemption counter I went to redeem the pearls. The pearls really came out from oyster shells one you know? This guy at the counter would pry open the shells, and depending on your luck, you get either a pinkish or creamish pearl in whatever shape and size that particular oyster shell holds.
Anyway, the counter turned out to be more than a redeption booth, really. Apart from pearl redemption, they also provide jewellery setting services for the pearls. So yours truly decided to set a ring, since I already had a pearl necklace and a pair of pearl ear-rings. As that used up only 1 of the pearls, I asked Mum and Grandma if they wanted something pearly, and Mum decided on a pair of ear-rings. So, it was a pair of ear-rings and a ring, which totalled up enough to get me another 2 pearls! By now, I was beginning to think about purchasing more stuff, so that I could get enough pearls to set a bracelet to complete my pearl collection. Heh. Decided against it cos I had spent enough already. Besides, I could forsee that there would be no end to this "buy things, redeem pearl, set pearl, get more pearls" cycle. :)
Here's a peek at the pearls I got. In case you're wondering how come I still have a total of 6 pearls, it's because when you decide to set the pearls you redeem, you get to pick from another box of pearls. The ones straight from the shell, you can keep. See how they get you caught in the vicious "buy things, redeem pearl, set pearl, get more pearls" cycle?
3 comments:
Set up a shop!!!!
'Purples Pearls Galore'
Confirm make profit one. =)
Whoa! "Purples Pearls Galore" sounds good! Perhaps "Purples Pearls Parlour" more better you think? A little alliteration sometimes helps people remember stuff better. :p
Ermz....my personal take is that 'palour' sounds a beeet sleeeeezy....
Post a Comment