Monday, October 16, 2006

Childhood Biscuits.

Sometime last week, Oyster, Cooking Girl, Digital Curls, Ms Troublesome and I trooped down to Whampoa for a visit to Jolie Femme. Yes, to Cooking Girl and moi, I know some of you would like to say, "Whampoa?? Again??" Well, the garments we came back with on our first trip there inspired many others to want to make a trip down. I know at least 2 others who have mentioned that they have made a trip there after reading my post on it.

Only somehow, we didn't manage to find anything that really interested us. Ms Troublesome commented that we (Cooking Girl and I) must have bought up all the nice pieces the last time we were there. Heh.

But it wasn't a wasted trip though. On our way back, we passed one of those ancient provision stores selling those really hard-to-find-nowadays biscuits. Not that surprising actually, given that Whampoa is a pretty mature estate. Anyway, the biscuits were those that come in huge tins and are sold by the kati. Know what I'm talking about or not? Or as RT calls them, the suaku biscuits. Haha. I didn't get a shot of the tins they come in, but here's what they look like after you've made your selection of buscuits.


Very unglam right? But the contents are very yummy, mind you. And really, you can find all sorts of biscuits you can think of from your childhood days. Like those belly button biscuits with coloured icing on top or the cookies laden with pineapple jam that's so sticky-you'd-get-a-tooth-decay (these are in the pic). Ms Troublesome even managed to convince the aunty at the shop to mix $2 worth of different buscuits together cos she couldn't decide which ones she wanted. Champion hor? That explains the nick I've given her.

Anyway, Cooking Girl has reminded us to look out for this week's HDB Tai Tai, as they will be featuring another Jolie Femme type of store.

Hmmm. Guess who'll be skipping lunch this week? ;p

You would think that all this lunch-forsaking for the sake of shopping would result in some weight loss right? You're wrong, you know. See how the trip to Whampoa in a bid to buy clothes resulted in the eventual buying of so much junk food? Our office cubicles look well stocked up for war.

Digital Curls, can you quickly go find out about that fruit juice detox thingy?

Post Edit: Thanks to RT, I've now got pictures of the tins that these biscuits come in. Take a look! Don't know why, but these were in RT's office pantry! Since when do office pantries stock up on such things???


3 comments:

Nick! said...

ur blog entries like for old foggies la... all the "when we were young" stuffs! haha

Anonymous said...

Hoi, then you still say I am the one who was stocking up for war when I bought the Granola Bars!??!?!

Waraoezz.....You then stocking up for dunno which war lor!

RT said...

I've emailed u a shot of these Suaku Pia in the huge metal tin u mentioned.

Just realised that my pantry has so many tins of these plain suaku biscuits! Got people eat meh?...war or no war

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...