Wednesday, October 25, 2006

2 Against 1... Again!!

Once again, we had a family lunch. That's the beauty of having a closely-knit extended family. There's always something to meet up and celebrate about. This time, it was to celebrate my niece, Lil N's 7th birthday. For the longest time, family lunches were usually dim sum. Somehow, that has recently changed to Italian cuisine. Just 2 weeks ago, we had an Italian lunch at The Turquoise Room at Gilman Village. Today, we went Italian again, but at Pepperoni at Greenwood Ave. Among the twenty or so of us, we had five, 21-inch pizzas and some pasta! All yummy!


In the evening, at YJ's suggestion, him, Shades of Pink and I decided to head to Pasir Ris for a drink. Mid Summer Nite Breeze was a quaint, non-poser place to chill out by the sea. Great ambience and pretty decent food. It was Tomato based Seafood Spaghetti with Sausages for YJ, while Shades of Pink and I shared an extra spicy Tom Yam Spaghetti. Not forgetting the Chilean wine YJ ordered. We were, afterall, there for a drink, right? :)




Since the food was so good and we were so greedy, we decided to order more food. Finger food. We had the option of calamari, spring rolls, squid balls, samosas, french fries etc. Wanna make a guess what we eventually had?

Spring balls. At least that's what YJ told the guy who took our orders. Check out the delicious spring balls we had...

It's actually a serving of spring rolls and squid balls la. SPRING BALLS? What was he thinking??

After some really good food and wine, we took a little walk to the breakwater and engaged in a rather interesting conversation on relationships. Learnt some things about Shades of Pink and some of YJ's thoughts that I never knew before. Fun. We should have more of such sharing sessions ya? ;p

Then somehow, the topic got steered back to the continuation of Purples' story at a coffee session just two days ago. And, like two days ago, it became a 2 against 1 conversation. Again. YJ had replaced BFC. Needless to say, the fun was gone.

Tsk.

But I had a great time nonetheless.

My english question for the day... ...

"She _________ got my number and called me."

1) sluttishly

2) slutlessly

3) sluttily

Now, which is it?

4 comments:

Nick! said...

wasted... sigh

Purples said...

nick teo, wasted what? Don't so vague can or not?

Anonymous said...

Kayestercan - I'll be honest. I googled all three choices and all three showed up with hits.

I'd say 'shamelessly' or 'sluttishly'. But actually, why doncha ask your dear cousin WHY we even had to ask her that question.

Anonymous said...

*Shakes head*

Go ask your cuz lah....it's not something I can write on this blog!

=XXXX

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...