The end product of yesterday's baking class. Chocolate Blackforest Cake.
Pretty, but as the title of my post suggests, some things can only be made once. The Blackforest cake is one of them. Actually, all went well till it came to the creaming part.
Because the cake was a chocoloate sponge, each time the cream hit a bit of the sponge area, my white cream gets peppered with tinge of brown. The same happened to Dr Lee and Ms Troublesome, so our creaming session was peppered with, "Shit, got black black thing!", or "Aiyah the black black thing come out again!". (Actually, it's brown. I don't know why we said black.)
Then, to cover up the brown parts, I added more cream. And then because I couldn't even out the cream, my cake became a little lop-sided.
But the final outcome looks good ya? That's only because I got help from Chef Pang. :s
I think the Durian Cake's another one that falls into this category. Perhaps only Cooking Girl can do this creaming shit. :)
Pretty, but as the title of my post suggests, some things can only be made once. The Blackforest cake is one of them. Actually, all went well till it came to the creaming part.
Because the cake was a chocoloate sponge, each time the cream hit a bit of the sponge area, my white cream gets peppered with tinge of brown. The same happened to Dr Lee and Ms Troublesome, so our creaming session was peppered with, "Shit, got black black thing!", or "Aiyah the black black thing come out again!". (Actually, it's brown. I don't know why we said black.)
Then, to cover up the brown parts, I added more cream. And then because I couldn't even out the cream, my cake became a little lop-sided.
But the final outcome looks good ya? That's only because I got help from Chef Pang. :s
I think the Durian Cake's another one that falls into this category. Perhaps only Cooking Girl can do this creaming shit. :)
3 comments:
Best, looks like one of those on display at the neighbourhood bakery. You're going on holiday AGAIN?
Too bad it rained this morning.
-Ms Anyhow
Wow! I'd love to take baking classes one day. Pass me the contact! I WANNA MAKE PWETTY CAKES TOO!
Ms Anyhow: Yes, going on holiday. I asked if you wanted to go also what.
ene: Go check out the website - www.phoonhuat.com
Post a Comment