Sunday, November 18, 2007

Coulisse

That was where Shades of Pink and I spent the Saturday afternoon doing a makeover. She received an invitation for herself and a friend, and she extended the "friend" one to me.

RT accompanied us there, but I think he actually had more fun than us, laughing at some of the outcomes of our poses.

If you know me, I'm a person who doesn't really use any make-up, save for the lip gloss or lipstick when meeting clients. If I remember to put it on, that is. So when I was watching Shades do her make up, I was pretty glad I'm saved that 30 minutes a girl spends EVERY morning painting her face. And when the make up artist took the eye lash curler (this thing looks quite scary - like it can pluck your whole eye out or something), I told her very politely, "Erm, I think don't need that la. I hardly have any lashes anyway.".

"Who say don't have? Have. Must use then can enhance the eyes." she shot back. And then the mascara was slapped on. How some can use mascara on a daily basis eludes me. Doesn't seeing the black blobs around the eye area irritate?

Anyways, after our make up was done, we had to choose pieces of jewellery to put on before the photo shoot. Coulisse, is after all a jewellery shop. A rather expensive one though. Shades picked a pair of butterfly ear-rings with diamonds costing $11,000! I didn't check the cost of the pair I picked, but the ring I had on cost $5,600.

The photo taking part wasn't that difficult, except at the point when the guy went, "No teeth, no teeth. Smile sweet sweet one." I tried and burst out laughing instead. I cannot smile the no-teeth type la. Very fake and difficult. Funnily, that laughing shot came out most natural.

The last part was choosing ONE picture out of the many shots taken for framing. And this was the most fun(ny) part. Here's the funniest comment that came from none other than RT... "Whoa! This one cannot la. Looks like the Geylang 1900 chatline poster kind!"

The comment was about me, not Shades of Pink. Her shots were all pretty nice. RT, can be less honest sometimes or not ah? But the whole thing was quite fun.

Thanks for the invite babe!

5 comments:

Char Siew Pow said...

Did I read this correctly? Ms Purples went for Makeover leh!!!! :)

I lurrrrrve makeovers!! Kekekeke.. must be fun right with all the fuss over eyeshadows, blusher, lipstick, and oh yeah your "all elusive" mascara. Kekekekkeke..

I want to see photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey char siew pow...You gotta get Purples to do the 1900 pose for you!

RT

crabbycrab said...

hey, a pix says a thousand words?? where are the pixs? ;)

Purples said...

It was a complimentary makeover, so I only got to choose and keep ONE photo.

Besides hor, If I do post it up anywhere, it won't be here la.

Pearl said...

show me show me..impress me..

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...