Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Bathtub...

Birdkeeper and Alien Head were supposed to meet us at our hotel, but somehow or other, they only made it to Pratunam Centre. So anyway, the morning was spent at Platinum Fashion Mall. It was my first time there cos it's new. Loads of things to shop, but you need to bulk buy (at least 3 pieces) to get the volume discount as it's kinda like a wholesale centre.

That was my lunch at MBK. The yummy claypot beef noodles I never fail to have that when I'm at MBK. Did some shopping after lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to unload all the stuff. The shoe shop which I normally get my stock of shoes from was uber packed, and I was too tired to push and shove with the others, so I gave it a miss. By the time we got back to the hotel, RT's back was aching from carrying all the stuff in the haversack and both our feet were aching from all the walking. So we met Birdkeeper and Alien Head for massage at Chang Foot Massage and Spa after dinner at Noodi (similar to Nooch in Singapore)...recommended by Birdkeeper and Alien Head for being one of the cleanest around Patpong.

RT and I had a full body Thai massage while Birdkeeper and Alien Head did the foot massage. Shiok. And I cracked like crazy - from head to toe. It's funny how you can choose for a male / female masseuse. And funnier how RT immediately asked for a female. So ok lor, then I'll take the male! To which he said, "Ok la, I'll take the male la!" But I figured he'd feel more awkward with a male masseuse doing a FULL body massage on him, so eventually, it was women for us both. I am so bloody considerate. :)

After the massage, Birdkeeper invited us to his hotel for durians. He'd bought them at the market earlier today and he had chilled them in his fridge. Nice!

I also wanted to check out the uber expensive boutique hotel which Alien Head insisted on putting up at. "Luxx is really nice you know. You should stay there with us." he's said. "There's a wooden bathtub in the toilet too!".

When I eventually saw it, I'm glad I didn't book The Luxx. So far and ulu ("quiet what" he says), so small ("cosy what" he says), no lift. It feels like a guesthouse you know. And check out the highlight of it that was very much a draw factor for me ...... the wooden bathtub.


Wooden bathtub your head la! Not very impressive la! I imagined it to be in the middle of a really HUGE bathroom. It turned out to be just a replacement of the normal bathtub in any hotel la! Aiyoh! Centre Point anytime hor! At half the price some more!

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...