One never fails to pay this place a visit over the weekend in Bangkok. I've also heard that there's a fruit and vegetable market across from Chatuchak. I just never found it till today, when Birdkeeper took us there. And that's also where we had lunch - much cleaner than over at Chatuchak.
We pigged out.
Pig's trotters....
Orh Luah (Oyster Omelette)....
Fish maw soup, beef ball noodles, FATTY three-layered meat and for drinks, we had sugar cane and lotus root extracts.
And then we pigged out again at Chinatown for dinner.
Fried rice, fried noodles, shark's fin and bird's nest for dessert.
And because no one leaves chinatown without eating the tang yuan in ginger soup laden with oh-so-many-types-of-other-stuff (dried persimmons, lotus roots, gingko nuts, dates, etc), we decided to "da bao" back to the hotel!
This is turning out to be more of a food trip than a shopping trip!
I left Chatuchak with purchases of a blouse, and a pair of fake Crocs. And because the add-ons cost a teeny weeny fraction of what they cost back home, I couldn't resist getting another set of them!Oh, and the next time I visit Chatuchak, I wanna get myself one of these... with Birdkeeper's help. :p
No comments:
Post a Comment