Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Truffled Cheesecake

The highlight of the evening.

The reason why I ditched my jogging plans with Shades of Pink. ;p

After our last baking session, Cooking Girl and I convinced Ms Troublesome and Digital Curls to join us for baking classes. So this evening, the four of us went to learn baking the Cheesecake with Chocolate Truffle. It smells and looks yummy, but I can't taste it till tomorrow. Gotta let the cheese set.

Pretty, ain't it? Complete with the swirl patterns and all. I've always wondered how they get the marbled patterns and the fillings into the cake. Turns out it really ain't that difficult. :)

Traditional soft buns were the other item we baked.

Now, doesn't that look like something you get from the bakery? ;)

I doubt I'd attempt the buns at home though. Not difficult, but it's tedious work. Have to wait a few hours for the yeast to do dunno what to the dough la, then gotta rest the dough to let it dunno what la.....I hate to wait.

Tonight was fun. See you three next week for the Tiramisu ya!

4 comments:

Char Siew Pow said...

Have you tried it? Fatboy polished off his and all he said was RICH.

Purples said...

Nope.I've not tried it yet. The chef/teacher/man said can keep right for months right?

I'll try it after Saturday. After fitting into that dress.

You mean Fatboy ate ALL of it??

Char Siew Pow said...

No darling, Fatboy only ate 1 slice. But I will force him to eat ALL of it by this week.

Shades of Pink said...

Char Siew Pow - Hahaha, if Fatboy can't finish it, lemme have some k?

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...