Monday, July 09, 2007

How Many Did You Know?

So the new 7 wonders of the world have been revealed. And they are:

- Taj Mahal (India)
- Great Wall of China (China)
- Ruins of Petra (Jordan)
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer (Rio De Janeiro)
- Incan Ruins of Machu Picchu (Peru)
- Ancient Mayan City of Chichen Itaza (Mexico)
- Colosseum (Rome)

And the Great Pyramids of Giza, the only one of the old 7 wonders that is still standing, is automatically included as the 8th wonder.

Honestly, how many of us actually know all of the original 7 wonders of the world?

The Pyramids, I knew. The Hanging Towers of Babylon, I knew.

But I thought Taj Mahal and the Great Wall were amongst them.

Then I thought sites like the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy and the Eiffel Tower in France were too! And the Niagara Falls too.

All wrong! :0

So here's the old list...

- The Hanging Towers of Babylon (Iraq)
- The Colossus of Rhodes (Greece)
- The Statue of Zeus (Greece)
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria (Egypt)
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus (Turkey)
- The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus (Turkey)
- The Great Pyramids of Giza (Egypt)

Now, how many did you get right? ;p

No comments:

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...