Thursday, July 26, 2007

'Back' to the 'New' Place

So I've started work at the 'new' place. Considering it's only the 2nd week, I've been pretty busy, for the simple reason that the place is not really new to me. I've been there a couple of years back for half a decade, and now I'm back. So there aren't really many new things to learn. Just a few new platforms and new clientele. So I've been fully into work stuff since Day 1, plus I have to redo orientation. Bleah. And the orientation now comes with quizzes!

It's quite a funny feeling stepping back in and seeing peoples' shocked faces, coupled with, "Is it really you? I thought it was but wasn't sure," or "Eh, you come back ah?" or "Eh, how come you're here?"

And then there's the "How come you so skinny now?" or "Eh, you lost a LOT of weight!" or "Aiyoh, lose so much weight only left the head ah!" which are good to hear, but which also makes me wonder if I had been really fat then, you know. Hmmm. So, much as I hate it, I guess the running works. :)

2 comments:

Char Siew Pow said...

HAHAHA..left the head only? Aiyoh, you better stop your jogging/ hiking/ walking lah, ppl think you are anorexic...

Purples said...

All they need to do is look at my work station (former one. present one still in the midst of stocking up...), see the junk food and they'll know I'm far from anorexic.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...