Thursday, July 12, 2007

Causeway Bay, HK

After hearing people rave about the doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, I finally had a taste of it today. Yea, it's nice. Softer, fluffier, more melt-in-your-mouth than the normal doughnuts. And they cost HK$12 (S$2) a piece. A tad expensive for a doughnut though. But if there had been a queue like the one at Raffles City's Doughnut Factory, I wouldn't have bothered.

With just two buys yesterday, it was time for more shopping today at Causeway Bay. Times Square and the areas around it. Funny that the shops in a couple of the buildings were not open even at 2 in the afternoon. So we decided to make a trip to Central and return back later in the evening to the 2 remaining buildings whose shops had yet to open. Shades of Pink got a dress at Peddar Building while I managed to get a top and a dress from H&M. Upon returning back to Causeway Bay, I picked up another top at one of the buildings we returned to.

Hmmm. I must say the shopping hasn't been that fantastic eh? So at night, we picked up these at Jade Market along Temple Street.
Hello Kitty lanyards (for our new staff passes at our new workplaces). Hello Kitty note pad. Strawberry Shortcake magnetic bookmarks. Forever Friends magnetic bookmarks.

Quite rubbish, we know. But we don't seem to buying much clothes and shoes despite people raving about HK's summer sale! At least we have these right?

The highlight must be the steamed milk or "dun nai". I had the ginger steamed milk while Shades of Pink had the coffee one.

Good calcium replacement for the legs after all that walking.

4 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Eh, what happened to our tim sum dinner???????

Purples said...

Ya la! Laugh la! I forgot the day can?

kaye said...

i wan one of the magnetic bookmarks

Purples said...

Kaye: Ok. I pass you one when I next see you. Mine are the Strawberry Shortcake ones.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...