Sunday, August 26, 2007

THE Run

The day started really early as I had to be at the "Deaf-initely No Excuses Run" by 730am. The run which got Shades of Pink and I running regularly this year.

From the Esplanade, up Sheares Bridge, around Suntec and back to the Esplanade.

6km in total.

Before I even hit the halfway mark, I was already tired. When I reached the start of Sheares Bridge, the temptation to walk set in. But there were just too many people. Couldn't afford to be so slack. So, what normally takes me at least forty-five minutes to complete, took me thirty-nine minutes today.

Shades of Pink had assigned RT and I to be the officials for the "Regular Runners" team. Basically, the officials had to be positioned at the perimeters of the group to ensure everyone stayed within the group. It was a good thing I opted to be at the back of the group as I wouldn't have been able to keep up had I been at the front or at the sides! I seriously think she put me in the wrong category.

Nonetheless, the run was fun, and for a good cause. I'm glad I managed to complete it. :)

2 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Fwah! 39 minutes!!!

Respect!

Purlease lah, you can run one. Trust me. Didja see the crowd of slow poks behind you?!?!

*Points at self.*

Purples said...

You didn't do too badly what. Think you came in like, what, 8 mins after?

Don't call people slow pok la. Mr Handsome very fast - came in 10 minutes before me.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...