Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ache. Pain. Sore.

Those were the sensations I woke up to this morning. And I think it was the same for Suspension Girl cos she texted me, saying, "My whole back is aching!" then followed by "The area between my thumb and index finger hurts too!"

You see, we were a little bit too ambitious yesterday. And too hard on the upper body.

RT, BC, Suspension Girl and I headed to East Coast at 9ish in the morning for some kayaking. RT and I took the double kayak, while BC and Suspension Girl took the single kayaks. Somehow, with the double kayak, I didn't appear to be contributing much. Every inch we moved was attributed to RT's effort. Each time Suspension Girl or BC kayaked past, I would be thrown comments like, "Eh, RT, how? Tough or not? One man paddling a double kayak?" or "Purples, you must paddle also la"

Eh! I got paddle ok!

So, to prove my point, I requested to switch kayaks with Suspension Girl. We kayaked alongside her, and I slowly moved onto her single kayak. Only thing was, I decided to do so by holding onto the side of her kayak (back facing her kayak) with both hands, and move butt first onto her kayak. RT saw what was coming. But before he could say anything, the single kayak flipped, flipping Suspension Girl along with it. Needless to say, I fell into the sea too!

From then on, it was a big scramble getting onto the kayaks. And I'm sure it was great entertainment for the guys, who I know, are still laughing at it today. Well, we eventually did manage to do the switch and get onto the kayaks. Very unglamly though. Suspension Girl, I'm really sorry about the topple. Really didn't expect it you know.

Lunch was at the Lagoon hawker centre. Then BC and RT decided to go to the driving range. Suspension Girl and I joined them later and were persuaded to hit some balls. So we had a mini crash course on how to hold the club, how to stand, how to swing, which clubs to use - iron la, wood la, long la, short la - and then we hit. Airballs. For a start at least. Bleah.

So I think the aches and pains and sores we woke up with was really due to being too ambitious; doing two sports in a day. Both working the upper body no less.

I woke up with the intention to run this morning, but I just couldn't do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks gals for the entertainment! BC and I had so much laughing until our stomach pain also.

RT

Shades of Pink said...

I DON'T believe you caused Suspension Girl to fall into the water. She's so polite - she didn't mention a word about it!

Purples said...

Like I said, it was not intentional. Besides, I fell in also hor. And you know how I hate the feel of sea water on my body.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...