Mondays. For me, Mondays in the past year always start with a 3 hour (at least) long meeting. Terrible way to start off the working week, ain't it?
Today was no different.
Meeting.
Take phone call.
Clear emails.
Lunch.
Paper work.
Send email.
Internal firefight.
Return missed call that came in during internal firefight.
Become fishmonger for a while.
Paper work.
Reply more emails.
Entertain more phone calls.
Wait for knock-off time so that I can go play Bingo.
Finally, home.
The trip home was horrendously arduous. I left the office and headed to catch the train to Paya Lebar as I had to pick up a pair of glasses (2 pairs actually) I had made. Only I didn't realise that the optician's was in between stations. Had I realised that earlier, I wouldn't have tried walking. I made it there anyhow before it shut its doors (officially at 6pm, so you can imagine how fast I walked since I left after work!).
When I was done, I realised I was like not here not there in terms of time and place, and a bit hungry from all the walking. So I decided that I should screw tonight's Bingo session (though the stakes are good!) and just go home. You see, I was hungry, wasn't sure what bus to take, was in the middle of 2 train stations, and with the fare hike in cab fares, it just wasn't worth taking cabs during peak hours. So, I headed towards home-direction and walked to Eunos station to buy some food back for Grandma, Yati and myself (no dinner cooked at home today). Then I took the bus back.
In the midst of it all, I message Mommy saying:"No car is very poor thing and troublesome you know. Kena take bus, wait so long for it, and the one that came no air con. Can die!" A very unsympathetic "Ya lor" was her reply. Whoa! How come like that????
I shall have an early night and prepare for tomorrow. It'll only be Tuesday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
5 comments:
Well, at least you are in the comfort of your home blogging.
As for me, I'm still stuck at work clearing the pile of SAI that accumulated over the weekend.
Wheeee... =)
P.S. A title to your post would be good.
P.P.S You sure you don't want a 'links' tutorial? Fleeeeee one laire! =)
Done. Titled. No wonder my post title seemed extremely weird when I went to view it. heh.
Chey! Your tutoring not very good la. Do so many times also cannot. Much easier to just parenthesize and say "see other post on xxx" No need to cut la, paste la, copy la, open email la, copy la, paste la....
Even the best teacher in the world cannot help the weakest student on this earth. Hahahaha... =P
I repeat, tutorial is FLEEE one lor. Wanch naught? =D
Hey sowwys about today lah, as with all Mondays, it's always madness at work. But we go play the next time you going / planning to go? =)
No prob, we can go 2 Mondays from now. But the snowballed money has been won. All $1,200 of it!
Post a Comment