Woke up then met Shades of Pink at the 'aunty shop' at East Coast for our cycling trip to Changi Village. My third attempt at it, the last one being almost a year ago. When she asked me some time back how long I took the last time, I replied "About an hour there and another hour back". Her eyes widened and she went:"One hour? You cycle liddat ah?" (she acted out the cycling motion in an extremely 'seow' and fast manner). It was then that I realised that an hour to her was too short. I personally think it's a bit too long (a bit paiseh to tell people one hour also).

Anyway, we made it to Changi Village in.....an hour, and YJ met us there for brunch. Between Shades of Pink and I, we had chicken chop hor fun, beef noodles, orh-ni with pumpkin fritter (see pic), tapioca fritter, kopi peng and 3 glasses of sugar cane. This girl can really drink! Didn't go toilet some more. Anyway, for all you orh-ni fans, you've got to try this fritter thing. It's damn yummy lor. After having our fill, YJ asked: "You guys going to cycle back after eating all these? Can make it ah?" Shades of Pink told him to check out tomorrow's Straits Times for any unfortunate reports on us. YJ said: "Ya, tomorrow's report will read 'Girls found along Changi Coast Road drowned in puke. But they were smiling'." So in order to keep that story off the press, we waited a while before heading back.

The trip back was not as tiring as I had expected, and we were blessed with good weather. Pretty scenic too as we took the path along Changi Beach. Until we reached the East Coast stretch where the wind decided to blow against us! And then the 'sng-ness' set in. This was evident when Shades of Pink went to purchase a pair of shoes at one of those stalls along the MacDonald's stretch, when sitting down and getting up to try on the shoes became an extremely difficult task. It was quite funny, really. Unglam la.

Oh, check out this one-of-a-kind sign we came across while cycling back. It reads "NO WOMAN. NO GAMBLING. NO FIGHTING." Has anyone seen that before? Makes you wonder what goes on in there. Did they have catfights in there before, hence the 'NO WOMAN' part of the sign??? Or was it fighting off loansharks, hence the 'NO GAMBLING' part???
3 comments:
Hoi, for the avoidance of doubt, I had the Kopi Peng and 2 glasses of Sugar Cane all by myself, and yesh, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY STRONG BLADDER???
Set, next time we do 20 minutes one way. Lemme go buy a motorised bike first. Hmph.
And for the record, anyone in my shoes (literally!) would have also cried out in pain while trying on the pair of shoes okiesh. Khar really blardy sng can?
It was fun babes, we should do this again. =)
Oh! Do not be mistaken please. Strong bladder is good. It's just that I've been told many a time that I do not drink enough water. And looking at you today made me rethink my water intake.
Yes, we'll do it again, and we try for 45 minutes. Can jio Mr Celica too!
45 minutes??? I was thinking of 20 minutes. 20 minutes cycle then just hail a passing cab or hitch a ride from a lorry.
Hur hur hur.....Yea, the more the merrier! =)
Post a Comment