Went blading one of the weekday evenings last week with Shades of Pink and was chatting about random topics. One of them which we find hard to fathom is that of the yellow faced aunty. We were running through the list of people we knew who have the good fortune of meeting the "right one at the right time" and have since settled down. So the conversation went from 'who's married' la, 'who has married who' la, 'how come this one married that one' la to 'who's preggie' la etc etc.
Then we came to the 'after give birth already why liddat' topic. The 'why liddat' refers to how some of the people we know transformed into the yellow faced aunty after marriage and/or childbirth. We came to the conclusion that marriage and childbirth brings with it greater responsibilities, and less time for oneself. Thus, the transformation. Looking at real life examples, the 2 phases in life sure comes with a LOT of responsibilities. Ok, to be fair, there are also the lucky few who do not undergo that transformation process. So to all those who are married or are going to, have given birth or are going to, do that self check once in a while please.
Speaking of aunty-hood, I was reminded by a friend yesterday to keep MYSELF in check from aunty-hood. Here's how the conversation on cars led to the gentle reminder.
Me: The other day I went for a movie preview and it was some Lexus club event. Every other car in the car park was a Lexus lor.
Him: Is it? Have you seen the new Lexus? Very nice! The other day I saw 2 at the same time with the same number. 1966.
Me: Oh, you got buy 4D or not? Then buy 6169 also cos it was my old extension.
(Only later did I realise that my old extension was 6164. 6169 was my colleague's! And the reason why I suggested buying is cos the last time my cousin and I saw 3 cars with different permutations of the same 4 digits, the number came in first prize that week. Dunno which permutation though. Didn't buy anyway.)
Him: Aiyoh, I can just imangine you a couple of years from now you know. You probably would have like a stack of 4D chits in your handbag type.
Aiyoh, shocked lor. I've not reached that stage yet, but I can be caught loitering at Singapore Pools sometimes lor. Just SOMETIMES hor. Especially during the last month! Luckily the World Cup is a 4 year event. Better keep MYSELF in check though. In terms of age (not behaviour) 4 year multiples do take me closer to aunty-hood...
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment