Funny how my workplace is now where my alma mater used to be. Not that I ever studied there, cos by the time I was enrolled into Primary School, they had shifted location all the way to Toa Payoh (TP). Then, some of us who started off at the new grounds always wished that we had had the opportunity to have had at least had a year at the old compound.
Funny also that though I live in the east, I travelled all the way to TP for a good 10 years of education. Then when I started my first job, which I was grateful for cos it was in the east, this company shifted back to TP!
Then, one day, my wish came true! When I started at my current job, I found myself back at the original grounds of the place which moulded 10 years of my life. Only now, the place lacks the girlish innocent laughters, the carefree environment, and the sight of people playing five stones along the corridors. Instead, in its place are policticking, a stressful environment, and sights of people scurrying along the corridors, rushing from one meeting to another. And ECAs have now evolved to OT.
Recall how when we were younger and the adults used to tell us, "Enjoy your school days. It's the best time of your life." And we always thought:"Huh? Enjoy? How to with exams and all? Mad!" Then, only when we are all grown up and immersed in the real world, experiencing the ugly side of the world that reveals itself little by little every day, do we begin to appreciate and see truth in what they said.
True, the thought of sitting for exams sucked (Chinese aural!!), but I must admit that I did enjoy my shool days. 10 years of it, to be precise. Perhaps it was the institution which made the difference. I'm not sure if the experience would have been the same had I been enrolled in a different school. For those of you from the same institution, I'm sure you couldn't agree more. :)
Ok, time for CSI. Sometimes when I watch this program, I wish I had studied forensic science. The telly makes it look so darn interesting and fun. The culprit is almost always never the first person they suspect. It's usually the 3rd or 4th person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
2 comments:
Hey babes,
Hang in there...the weekend's fast approaching. Let's see....what shall we do this weekend?
G2000?
Food fest?
Sleep?
Whatever it is, you're one swell person. You're doing fine. The grey cloud will disappear before you know it.
Yah, your institution....tsk tsk. Hush now.
Thanks. I know I'm a swell person. Still swelling. haha. And still, you dare to suggest Foodfest???? Think we should go blade or cycle to Changi Village. Then got reason to pig out after that.
Post a Comment