Saturday, July 15, 2006

SUMO

Had this acronym used on me by my cousin some time back whilst in the midst of complaining and wondering about life and past events. Basically, it means, "Shut up, Move on."

MOVE ON.
Hmmm. A little tough sometimes, but not impossible. Comes with time, I guess. Like what Shades of Pink once said, and I quote: " Sometimes, when you think you have forgotten and that you have gotten on with life, but ACTUALLY, you still remember, and you realise you still do, the realisation hits you darn hard that you get thrown off balance." I guess that's what really happens each time something eats at me. Sometimes, regardless of how good the memories are, I wish I had a huge, gigantic eraser to eliminate certain parts of my life. Unfortunately, we all know that it's just NOT possible. I guess that's where the "MO" part of "SUMO" comes in. Everyone hates to fail, hates to give up, hates to give in. But sometimes, the wiser decision is to just walk away and move on. Easier to just let it all go and accept that there will always be stuff that we will never understand, than to drive ourselves crazy trying to understand them. What's important is not to miss out on the present by looking back and wondering why some things happened. And then, look back again and wonder why we wasted all that time looking back and wondering. Life's too short for 'what-ifs'.

SHUT UP
Shutting up and not talking about the past is a leeeeetle bit harder to do, being the person that I am. Sorry peeps. So, if you find me bitching (trust me, I'll keep it within the bitchy-funny mode) about you, no hard feelings ok? It's my way of moving on and finding some humour in whatever life throws at me. Haha. C'mon, we all have our own way of handling things, don't we? ;p To my friends (you know who you are) who've always been there to help me find the humour and more importantly, the brighter side of life, thanks a bunch!

And to my cousin dearest, I think it should be "MO" to start with. The "SU" will come in later.

2 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Breathe girlfriend! =)

Thanx for quoting me..I TRY (Note : TRY HOR!) to apply it to my own life as well.

Remember it's not about forgetting, it's about remembering, not about regret, but about acceptance.

Accepting with grace and MO. 'Nuff said. Feel free to run the story or stories over and over and over again. Talking helps. Trust me....I know. =D

Purples said...

Kayestercan, how come your blog address liddat one? did you use blogspot also? And who teach you to use my blog as a Q and A site ah? What do you do? Blog la! heh

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...