Saturday, July 22, 2006

Purchase or Get Sponsored?

No explanation needed to explain the title of this post, but here's my take.

In my line of work, I would much rather people purchase from me, than seek a sponsorship from the organisation. A no brainer because, in this case, I get money from it.

Now, we talk about being on the other end, where the decision lies between purchasing and getting a sponsorship for something. Frankly, if the 'something' we're talking about is within one's means, I'd say, 'Purchase'. If it is beyond one's means, then I'd say 'Save up, then purchase'. Unless, of course, you are Cindy Crawford, Anna Kuornikova or Michael Schumacher, where people seek to sponsor you for watches. There's a difference.

But of course, there are always the men in the street who will still try their luck at getting a sponsorship despite being able to afford it. Yao Guis. We all know people like that I'm sure. :)

Kudos to you if you manage to get it, but quite 'lau kui' if you don't and people find out about it right?

3 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

We are all blest with gifts. It's really about making the best use of your gifts.

Purples said...

leesaw: I guess sometimes people THINK they have what it takes to solicit a sponsorship. But in actual fact they don't.

shades of pink: We have to realise what our gifts are first, not just anyhow one you know. Say I tell you that I THINK I have the gift of performing in marathons or biathlons or what nots la, cos i THINK my timing is damn good. I want Tag Heuer to sponsor me.

You think can meh?

Even if they are nice and agree to it, they would probably want to know what kind of mileage I can offer right? So must also have the right thing to offer la. Say I tell them that in return, I will put their logo on my blog cos a lot of people read.

You think can meh?

Shades of Pink said...

Can.....anything is possible. Never say never. Just believe in yourself. The only thing then is, do other people believe in you?

That's a tough one.

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...