Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Of Heels and Bikinis

Today was one of those embarrassing days when the sole of my heels decided that it had had enough walking. It gets most embarrassing when you enter non-carpeted grounds, cos while one heels sounds oh-so sophisticated when it lands, the other spoils it by creating sounds of metal nail scraping against the tiles. Sigh. If you have yet to experience that, you are one lucky lady. This must be the third time this year it has happened already. Perhaps I should enrol in a grooming course that teaches one to walk in a more lady-like fashion, and prevent one's heels from getting caught in between tiles and 'longkang' grills! Thank goodness it happened only in the second half of the day.

Then, just as I was about to work on the last of my documents for the day, an invitation came from YJ to attend some Reef Bikini Contest at Red Dot Museum (this must be a favourite among event companies these days; every other event seems to be held there). Hmmmm. To spend a Wednesday evening watching a bikini contest and being reminded of how not slim I am didn't seem very inviting. In any case, I was tired and CSI's on AXN tonight. :) So, I gave it a miss.

If I really wanted to see bikini clad women, I can always just log onto the net, cos some people post pictures of their bikini-clad selves there you know. Really. I never bluff. Not saying it's a bad thing. Just that now the whole world knows that you've lost weight and "Hey look! I've been working out and I can fit into a bikini. Yay!" "Anybody wanna sponsor me a bikini?" Bwahahahah!

1 comment:

Shades of Pink said...

Time for shoe shopping perhaps?

=)

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...