Monday, July 17, 2006

Ageing has its benefits.


Attended a friend's wedding dinner over the weekend and imagine the elation I felt when i glanced through the menu to realise that the dessert was orh ni! Orh ni is like the best dessert ever. I messaged Shades of Pink to share my joy, (think she loves orh ni too) and she very matter-of-factly reminded me of the caloric content of the dessert. To which I said: "Fat fat la, got justification, getting old." It's a valid one cos one's metabolism slows down with age isn't it? Piling on the kilos is simply inevitable. And, yes, I'm not young. :)

Funny how the nicest of foods are always the most sinful. Like the suckling pig you see in the picture. I'm not really a fan of suckling pig, but this one was really yummy. For those who are planning a trip to BKK, make sure you check out the suckling pig at this restaurant called Scala.

Question: Is it possible for 2 people to consume this whole pig (amongst other food)? For those of you planning to leave a comment, be nice, cos believe me, it's possible lor.

Oh, the orh ni was disappointing, by the way. Don't know what happened also. One of those attempts to modify the recipe that resulted in disaster, i think.

5 comments:

Shades of Pink said...

Heyaz,

What do you mean I love Orh Ni? Helow! I love ALL food lah, got see my size not?

Btw, am I fat????? =P

And does the medicine taste good? Taste of your own medicine, that is.

Purples said...

What about your size? Remember the comment about how i am the fattest among all?

One's own medicine can never taste good. I wonder if fairy tale characters get to taste it too....hmmmm. That would be interesing, wouldn't it. Or maybe all they taste would be gingerbread and bread crumbs, until the house falls down. bwahahhaa.

Ok, better get to work. A bit siao already. And work's not fun today.

Paperman said...

Okie... no more of tt "Am I fat?" go-dig-your-own-grave nonsense anymore yah?

Shades of Pink said...

Van : You think. You wish.

Leopard doesn't change its purple spots.

=P

miss ene said...

I LOVE ORH NI TOO!!!

My Middle Child

My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...