Because I cannot stand it anymore and it's really an ear sore!
1) I will _____ with her and get back to you.
a) discuss b) discussed c) discussing
2) Please grab a _____ so that you can sit and chat with me.
a) stool b) stood c) spoon
3) The dress is too long. I need to _____ it.
a) alter b) alternate c) amend
4) We need to have more _______ for this event.
a) enthusiasm b) enthuasm c) elephants
5) An octagon is an ______ - sided figure.
a) eight b) egg c) elbow
The answers are simple right? The (a)s are the correct answers.
Somehow, there are people (it could just as well be just one person la) who choose option (b)s, be it spoken or written. How that happens is beyond me.
Perhaps more interaction with this person(s) will help me assimilate and move into that mode. Afterall, I spend almost half my waking time with these people. Maybe then I can explain it to you the english how come liddat. hahahahha
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Middle Child
My middle child. Got scolded by the father for not concentrating when doing her chinese work. Fell asleep on the bus till the driver did...
-
Sometimes, when I get bored, I get the urge to head to the hairdresser's and get something done to my hair. This time, I decided that I ...
-
Woke up at 4am to catch the finals between Djokovic and Fish. Disappointing. Wanted Fish to win. By the time the match ended, RT was awake a...
-
Caught The Lake House with Shades of Pink last evening. I might as well have spent the time taking the train to Lakeside for a decent dinner...
9 comments:
This reminds me of all those times I cringe whenever I heard people say "Melberm" (Melbourne) or "charge" (chart).
Urgh!
Oh!
Don't remind me about 'the next day morning' (Go figure!) and 'borrow me your pencil' (Whaddwwasdad?!!?!)
Sheesh.
what happened to ur 'nows adays'
CR
That person hasn't had the chance to use that word yet. Though I'm sure if he did, it would come out as "nowSadays".
Yesterday's one was quite champion..."I did TOLD her....."
Sigh.
Wahaha ...
im not commenting doesnt mean im not reading...
He's really that bad aint he?
Oyster, to be fair, not all came from him. Some were from his boss (you know who I'm sure), who happens to also have pretty atrocious English. hahhaaha
Wahaha i never knew ....kakaz...
i wonder how the egg can pronouce my name man...sure end up sounding not my name kakz
Purple, before you comment, reflect on your cheena!!!!
If you've been reading my posts, I have never claimed for my cheena to be good. In fact, I have acknowledged that it's just on paper that I get my distinctions for my cheena, but at least I can WRITE properly to get them 'A's, hor.
Anyway, if I had to choose between good english and good cheena, I would go for the former.
Post a Comment