That very aptly sums up my weekend.
After a week of planning via email, the cousins held a potluck dinner at Kayestercan's house to celebrate Mothers' Day. As with most of our pot luck parties, it was a fusion of east and west. On the eastern side, there was char siew, duck meat, ngor hiang, hokkien mee and char kway teow. Then there was the very western quiche, chicken casserole and potato salad. There was also the very peranakan buah keluak and chap chye. It was really too much food. And then of course, there was the home made Mothers' Day cake, compliments of Geri.

Sunday's dinner with RT's family was another session of food overdose. After the big portion of pho we had for lunch, and the vietnamese rice paper roll (which I ate most of cos RT hates the mint leaves inside), I was really too stuffed to eat anymore. But I did, cos the buffet spread was just irresistable. Japanese, Koerean, Chinese, Thai.
Now I need to run.
To all the mothers out there, "Happy Mothers' Day!" and a big "Thank You" for all you've done and all the sacrifices you've made. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment